Flying into Seattle...
- Train from Sea-Tac to Bellingham (Sound Transit): If your flight arrives before 11am Friday, you may be able to take the light rail from Sea-Tac to downtown Seattle (about 30 minutes, walk to Amtrak's King Street station (10 minutes) and catch the 12:45pm Amtrak that arrives Bellingham at 2:45pm. 10 minute taxi from the train station to our docks.
- Rental Cars from Sea-Tac: figure 4.5 hours from landing (you will want to land by noon for Friday pre-boards). Best one way fares are normally through Hertz and Avis for one day/one way; Enterprise for weekly rates. We have free parking. Driving directions from Seattle to Bellingham are detailed below.
- Shuttle from Sea-Tac to Bellingham: The Airporter (1-800-423-4219, runs 11 busses daily from Sea-Tac to the Bellingham Airport. Takes 2 hours 40 minutes.
Flying into Bellingham...
- Bellingham International Airport (BLI) is served by Alaska Air (direct to/from Las Vegas, Honolulu, Maui, Seattle), Allegiant Air (direct to/from Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, Palm Springs, San Diego, Phoenix-Mesa, Honolulu, Maui), Frontier (seasonal to/from Denver), San Juan Airlines (San Juan Islands and BC) and Northwest Sky Ferry (regional destinations).
- It is a 10 minute taxi ride from Bellingham International Airport to our docks.
Flying into Vancouver, BC...
- Shuttle: Quick Shuttle. 1-800-665-2122) six runs daily to Bellingham airport, 2 hours 10 minutes. The Quick Shuttle also offers several pick up locations in downtown Vancouver.
- Train from Vancouver to Bellingham: The Canada Line light rail connects Vancouver International Airport with downtown Vancouver. If you will be spending time in the Vancouver city center before traveling to Bellingham you may be able to take the Amtrak from downtown Vancouver to Bellingham. 10 minute taxi from the train station to our docks.
- Bus from Vancouver to Bellingham: Both the Bolt Bus and Greyhound offer service from downtown Vancouver to Bellingham. 10 minute taxi from both bus stations to our docks.
Directions to San Juan Sailing (from Seattle):
- I-5 North
- Exit 256A (Meridian Street). Turn left onto Meridian Street.
- Travel South on Meridian Street for about 1/2 mile. Turn right onto Squalicum Way.
- Follow Squalicum Way, crossing underneath a railway bridge and around a sharp left-hand curve to the waterfront. After exactly 1.9 miles on Squalicum Way you will arrive at Coho Way.
- Turn right onto Coho Way. Proceed 1/8th mile until you reach a stop sign. Look right (towards the water's edge). You'll see our building with a big colorful sign that says, "San Juan Yachting / San Juan Sailing."
- Amtrak stops daily from Seattle and points south, and from Vancouver, BC. 10 minute taxi from the train station to our docks.
If you arrive in Bellingham early, there are plenty of things to do and places to explore in the local area. Vancouver, BC (a little over an hour north) offers a vibrant, bustling downtown area plus Stanley Park and colorful Granville Island. Mount Baker ski area is a scenic 1 1/2 hour drive from Bellingham and offers incredible hiking during the summer months. Bellingham offers beautiful parks (Whatcom Falls Park, Larrabee State Park are particular highlights), walking and biking trails, shopping, dining and several breweries. The rich agricultural valley north of Bellingham is home to farms both large and small that produce apples, berries, vegetables, dairy products, and is also home to several wineries and distilleries. Lots to do and see in Bellingham.
These local hotels offer discounts to our guests:
- Hotel Bellwether - 10% discount available through manager- 1.877.411.1200
- Chrysalis Inn and Spa - 10% discount - 1.888.808.0005
- Fairhaven Village Inn - 10% discount - 1.877.733.1100
- Hampton Inn - 10% discount - 360.676.7700
- Four Points by Sheraton - 10% discount - 360.685.8103 (Sales Coordinator, Karyn Seaverson). Complimentary Shuttle Service.
- La Quinta Inn - 12% discount (please ask for the "San Juan Sailing discount" - 360.738.7088 - Pet friendly.
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott - 15% discount (ask for the San Juan Sailing rate)- 360.714.9600